Sunday, February 11

New Year, New Stuff Happening, New Focus

The year 2007: Besides all the other huge stuff planned for this year (i.e. our new schedule, possibly starting a family), this year, I am going to do everything I can to concentrate on my creative side. Yes yes - I left my previous job to do the same, but the glass train derailed (but is by no means shattered!) when it became clear that my apartment can't handle a stained glass studio. (I earnestly tried though - for that I am very proud!!! Once we own a house and I have a room to work in....)

In the meantime, I've been putting a lot of my creative energy into my job, even making a few crafty things to sell in the shop, in the tradition of our previous Director (who is amazingly handy with a glue gun, and hopefully going to open her own shop!) I've also tried several new crafts: I've made 3 crystal bracelets and plan to make more, I made 2 fantastic holiday wreaths as x-mas gifts for my moms, and I've plans to cut and splice t-shirts together into more stylish and better-fitting t-shirts. ;)

I'm hugely supportive of my Evil Prince -- I'm so proud of him, because he has both passion and focus - he knows exactly what he's doing, and he's actively doing it. As part of our schedule, we've set aside at least 5 hours a week for him to concentrate on writing. Heck, I'm proud of that too! To be able to give him that time every week, to enable him to have it. It's awesome! But I still don't know what I should be doing - where my talents best lie for creative fulfillment, especially while my workspace is limited to a shared small one-bedroom apartment.
I hunger to do something more - something bigger than hobby crafts. Actual art.

My Mom has offered me the use of her sewing machine and her apartment to use it in once a week - it's quite true, I may have a natural talent there (inherited from my grandmother) that I've yet to explore further than a few superficial projects. And I may take her up on that, but I want to be certain I have time to give to some other options as well - like writing music. Some day, dammit, I'm gonna actually finish a damn song!!!!

No comments: