Sunday, March 4

When I'm Home Sick and Bored, I Blog, & Dream of a New Bed

In the past 24 hours, I've totally revamped this site, created a new one, and posted like 20 times between the two -- when generally speaking, I'm hardly ever online at all! Why now? Well, I'm home sick, and I'm playing the waiting game. Waiting for our tax return to hit so I can go buy a new bed, waiting for a scheduled call with an admissions counselor at IIN on Monday, waiting for the end of March to come when we'll be road-tripping to Toronto for a weekend, waiting to hear if two of my friends can join us on that trip, waiting for my digestive system to start working normally again, and waiting for James to get home from his business trip (Wednesday!)

I was planning to go buy a new bed today, but the IRS mailed our 5000 series Sleep Numberrefund. I can't believe they didn't use direct deposit as we requested!!! They mailed it. So we're still waiting. We've already researched and picked out our purchase: a 5000 series Sleep Number. After spending some time on various mattresses in our neighborhood mall - there was no comparison. In fact, the 5000 is a little out of our price range, but since we'll be using it for literally years, we're going for it. =)

I'm siked because honestly, I've had it up to here with spring mattresses. They always end up with huge holes in them - no matter what type of coil technology they have - within at least 2 years. Our bed right now is so bad, neither of us get a good night's sleep on it anymore. With a high-quality air mattress, there are no holes - if the bed's too soft, you just add more air. And when you want to sink in, you let some air out. Dual remotes, you say? Heavenly! I'm really, really looking forward to getting this bed!

No comments: