My hormones made me do it!!!
lol
Seriously, there's a whole lot going on right now. Seems these days that I'm either working, resting, sleeping, catching up on house cleaning, or house hunting. Gah!!!! Starting this week, 1/2 my life will be conducted while waiting for doctors appointments. But they keep rescheduling my appts, so God knows if I'll ever actually get an actual prenatal checkup.
Anyway, & Yep, we're looking for a house. We're going in with my Mom, as otherwise none of the 3 of us could afford a single family home. And we want a house, not a condo, even more than we don't want a long commute - but dems da rubs. In a few months, we'll all be commuting several hours a day, but we have long-term plans which make these temporary conditions more than worth it. =) I'll discuss those some other time. Fortunately, we've figured out how to take care of the baby at the same time. =)
Anyhoo, so after struggling for 2 weeks to learn to get up at 6:45 AM, this happy Saturday morning I wake up at 6:47 and can't get back to sleep. Brain is working too hard. I've been thinking about tax deductions & benefits on a home purchase, as we discussed with our Realtor last night, and I'm confused as all hell. Is it true, could we get that much back? I keep wondering, because if we can do as he says, we can afford a bit higher mortgage, or have more money to save. Are these numbers for real? I need to see them on paper!
So I've been online for a good hour now, scratching numbers on the back of a used envelope, trying to make sense of it all. And I've not found ONE WEBSITE that explains the tax benefit in a real, usable way. Just brief overviews stating that there is a benefit, being interest and tax deductions, but no helpful little calculators or what-if scenarios to play with. (It's useless information unless you know how much interest you'll pay in a year, and noone is providing common templates with the info I need to guesstimate our own situation.) I just end up with more questions, and a burning desire to talk to a tax accountant. LOL! I need numbers people!! Something a bit handier to use than an amortization schedule, which is all you people will give me! Arrgghh!!!!!! =)
I might just have to go add up those numbers by hand though. But, yo, I'm too lazy, maybe I can get our banker to do all of this for us. ;) Regardless, it's time to do something else now. Like take my fat-lady's-little-pregnant-pouch over to CVS to buy some toilet paper and kleenex. And get ready for a whole lot more house hunting this afternoon.
BTW, we thing/assume everything's going well with the pregnancy (again, the Doc's office is not so helpful on this front - yet.) I'm a fat woman, but my two lower folds have merged into one this week, which suggests a baby belly. =) I've never been so hungry and exhausted in my life!
Yay!
1 comment:
Hey Pup and EP:
Let me know when you guys are around to have a phone call - I'll call or we can go on Skype!
Wuv to all!
Post a Comment