So I trained in pet-sitting today! It was pretty great. In a mere 2 1/2 hours, I learned what to do and what owners expect, what to do in case of emergencies, why 4-wheel drive SUVs are not luxury-items in Western Loudoun(though Hummers still are), and how timesheets and communications work when there's no official office to go to.
And oh, did I mention, I met 19 shining pups? Over 6 houses, I met everything from small jacks and bishons to huge labs and retrievers to prize-winning sports dogs (whose breed name I can't remember). I met a couple puppies and several very old dogs. Attention-hoggers and ball-players and the very gentle and loving. And was inspired by the home that served as a dog-rescue for one common breed, which resulted in the inordinately large number of dogs I met!
Did I mention my jeans are covered in dried drool?
F*cking Awesome!!! Best job-training session ever. I have to wait 9 more days to get paid to do this?!?!??!
1 comment:
HAHAHA! Yay! I'm so glad you've found a job you love! And woot for awesome puppies. :D
Post a Comment