I dreampt about diapers last night. Yeah, lots of cloth diapers, just floating about/appearing everywhere in my plot-less dreams. I woke up, I fell back to sleep. More diapers....
*giggle!*
In other quick news, we're getting the first of 2 ceiling fans we need tomorrow. Yay! The wiring is in place, we just have to install without killing ourselves. Also, we may get a high chair -- I found one at an antique store that, if it is still there and still in great condition and still $15, I'm getting. I'm all for recycling furniture, and there's nothing wrong with the good-condition, stable-legged wooden high chairs of old that a little love won't fix. Except those crazy-ugly duck pictures on nearly all of them, I hate those ducks. LOL! I'll find something else to applique on there or sew up a washable cloth cover to hide them. =D
4 comments:
So you'll cut off the power during the fan installation, and someone will be holding the ladder?
This morning I dreamed I was watching a tennis match and I was invited onto the court to do a few serves. I don't even play tennis.
Hope the installation went okay. :)
Old high chairs are great! The phrase "they don't build them like they used to" really works with antiques. We have been using my stepmom's high chair. It no longer has the tray, but she used it as a baby (and turned it over and used it as a "bridge" to play on), her dad did some repair, we used it when we were growing up, and then she gave it to me. It's a great height to put our little one at the table, and I've only had to repair it once because the legs were getting loose.
Thanks E!! What do you use for the tray? The chair in the best shape I've found so far (i.e. no cracks, minimal pre-use preparation needed) has no tray, and so I passed on it. But I'm sure it's still there, there aren't many people out there antiques shopping for high chairs LOL!!!
The tray, historically, cracked and broke long before I ever remember the chair growing up. We never used a tray, but use it mostly as a booster chair at the "big table". For the wee little ones we did get a new fancy plastic highchair, but in all honesty I hate it, it takes up too much space, and dispite the claim that it is easier to keep clean, it still gets to be quite a mess. I would much rather use a strap and seat them at the table in the old highchair, or use one of those new fabric wraps that hold a child to a real chair on the old highchair. Buy a couple of those and you can just wash them regularly. It's nice to have the little one at the table, but the angle can be wrong sometimes, and sometimes it's nice to have them a "safe" distance away, so it's all about what you really want.
Post a Comment