Breaktime at my New Job. Heh! It's a job I've kind of been doing for my entire adult life, only now it's quite regimented: Homemaker.
After months of careful thought and consideration, I'm officially going to be a (part-time) stay-at-home-Mom, with responsibilities for looking after the kid, keeping the house in order, and supplementing our income part-time from the house. For the lifestyle we choose, this makes the most sense.
I'm not leaving the work-force, not by a long shot! I'll be pet-sitting as long as I reasonably can. I love my job and my boss likes me, and the odd schedule mixes well with homemaking. Plus, I will be pursuing several online opportunities -- one I've already been doing, one the E.P. and I are spearheading together (can't wait!) and a third to be determined. Oh yes, tax season will be fun! But it's worth it. It's important to both my Evil Prince and I that we raise our own children as much as possible, limiting daycare/babysitting to part-time or as-needed. I'll be available to breast-feed and pursue EC with our kid(s). With pet-sitting, I'm home so much it's silly to even consider daycare, especially since it'd eat a huge chunk of my paycheck.
There will be adult-time, assuredly! With my Mom for a wonderful in-house babysitter, and the option of hiring others on an as-needed basis, I will continue to pursue adult activities in the community - I'm already on the HOA's social committee, and I'm very involved on Sundays at Church in helping to run the sound system. Plus there's always facebook, AC, Green Parents Network etc etc etc when I'm just desperate for other people to talk to! (The only reason I don't chat is because it's far too life sucking - I get nothing done when I'm "available to chat".)
Now that that's all said... it's time for me to get back to work! This posting is a mere snack and rest break, after all. I have vacuuming to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment