We are Blessed with Abundance in all areas of our lives, but particularly lately in the area of baby-preparation. =)
I've already blogged & facebooked a bit about the generosity of my inlaws, plus I hope I've already given public kudos somewhere to friends of ours who are going to let us borrow their infant car seat. Such generous help! And I'm sure I've mentioned freecycle in an earlier post, from which I not only picked up a bassinet and a rocking chair, but a wonderful new friend. =) These are just three examples of recent generosity and bargain-finding in our lives.
A friend from church gave us a bag full of girls' infant and baby clothes a couple weeks ago - many with the tags still on. They were from her sister-in-law, who had particular tastes and whose child has long since outgrown them. There are items ranging from newborn (so many onesies!) to older toddler, in excellent condition, and only one item with any stain at all. How did she keep her baby so clean?! =) She also gave us the stroller mentioned in my previous post (two down the page).
The rest of the clothes were given to our church's gigundous spring yard sale this past Saturday. We happily purchased a storage unit, bouncy chair and a bit of clothing (Redskins onesie!) for a ridiculously low price. We skimmed the other girls' clothes, but we were given so many, we didn't feel the need to buy any more right away. We still need to inventory it so we know exactly how many items of what type we have for what age! (We have that much clothing!)
From the yard sale, we trekked out to Dani's Duds -- an enormous children's items consignment sale at the Dulles Expo Center. More than worth the $5 admission and the hour-plus wait in the checkout line, we picked up a toy stuffed dragon, various brands/types of cloth diapers/diaper covers to try before investing including a never-used G-diaper trial pack (together at least $60 retail, lowballed), an out-of-print Dr. Seuss book (priceless), some receiving blankets/changing pads (you can never have too many) and a breast pump (hella expensive at retail!) plus some other useful or educational doodads all for under $100. I know I've forgotten something awesome that we picked up, because we came out of there knowing we had just saved a bare minimum of $100 from retail prices.
Later on Saturday while visiting my new freecycling friend's house, she started throwing maternity clothes at me. I came home with a "new" pair of awesome jeans (which I'm wearing as I type this!) and a promise that if I come back soon, she's got a lot more in the attic to give away.
I came into church on Sunday feeling as though the Universe were, well, throwing stuff my way. Yet I was surprised again when I was brought all the girls' baby items from the yard sale plus a baby scale that didn't sell! So now I have another box full of baby clothes and a few various items to inventory -- I haven't had a chance to go through the box yet. Wow!!! (In addition, another church friend made us a CD recording of his favorite inspirational story -- that was extremely kind and I'm grateful to him as well.)
We are truly Blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment