Monday, August 17

Still Waiting to Pop Out a Kid

Wait a minute.... I just noticed... I'm past 40 weeks now so all the weekly pregnancy e-mails have stopped. 41.5% of... is it all pregnant women or just the first timers... give birth after 40 weeks. I appreciated those e-mails, dang it, keep 'em comin'! =)

Yeah, I'm bored, impatient, cranky, tired, uncomfortable, unable to work, unable to do much around the house, and frustrated. It feels like I'm wasting time -- too tired to clean, not able to work and make $$, reduced to sloth-status sittin' around the house, too bored even for the Internet. I was less bored when I had the horrible flu last year simply because I could sleep more. I'm not that sleepy, and even if I was, it's too uncomfy to spend that much time on the one side I can sleep on. Gar!!!!!!!

OK, I'll quit complaining now. I know it's not Laurel that we're waiting on - it's my slow hormones, and there's nothing I can do to speed the process up. Watermelon, pineapple, gross laxative-like ideas I won't try, strange ketchup concoctions... I'll stick with the diuretic and fibrous fruits (i.e. watermelon & pineapple). Though if I can find gluten-free wontons, they may be worth a go. An excuse to eat wontons! Yay! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Walking is great for you, great for your stamina, and great at inducing labor. Get yourself out and walk. You'll feel better, and start conditioning yourself as well!

Liz