
We really enjoyed our friend M's baby shower on Saturday. What a big party! Excellently catered, gorgeous weather, old friends we hadn't seen in 5 years. We didn't mingle as much as usual because I needed to sit down for much of the party. It was my own fault since I forgot to eat lunch and my energy wasn't where it needed to be. Regardless, we enjoyed some chit-chat with a few of the guests and had a great conversation with our friend J (it was wonderful to catch up in person!)
The decorations were adorable. M and his partner are having a baby boy, so the hostesses of the event took some adorable infant boy clothes and hung them laundry-line style on a blue ribbon suspended above the long kitchen bar. I should have taken a picture! Even more impressive than the subtle, adorable decor was the mountain of gifts that grew in the office. The party was too large for the regular baby shower games and present-openings (and the crowd wouldn't have been into that anyway). There were so many guests and with so many gifts, it probably took M&S most of the day yesterday to open and log them all!
I am so happy for M&S, but especially M. I've known him for years, and he's always wanted to be a parent. He's a teacher by profession and loves what he does. I fully expect him to be a highly rated school administrator someday, he's on the path and moving up the ladder of the highly educated in preparation. Obviously being a parent is a very different role than that of teacher. But he puts in heart and soul in everything he does and I've no doubt this child is going to have one of the happiest homes around!
Plus, it's so cool that their due date is two days after ours! Our kids might have the same birthday! hee hee!
At left: The very happy and proud papa-to-be!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment