Monday, June 29

Humbled, Overwhelmed & Exhausted: Baby Shower #1


Wow. What a Weekend!

After the fabulous time we had at M's baby shower on Saturday, it was truly surreal to attend another baby shower on Sunday - one in our honor, held by and for the ladies of the shop of my prior employ.

It was truly humbling for me. I left the shop 10 months ago, yet these women still think so well of me as to honor me this way. I was blown away! My friend L, whom I love dearly (and miss seeing her smiling face every few days!) graciously hosted. Her home is gorgeous and artistic and she has a natural talent for putting disparate objects, shapes and colors together beautifully -- and as one of the guests said, she also has a knack for bringing people together. I am so flattered she brought so many together for me!

Not all of my friends from the shop could be there, which is more than understandable. But it was absolutely wonderful to be able to hug and catch up with the ladies who did. But truly incredible was the generosity they exhibited toward us! All three of us - My Evil Prince and Gigi (my Mom) - were all floored by it and incredibly humbled.

We received a beautiful selection of high-quality outfits, blankets and baby items. As B put it, "Your baby's going to be quite the fashion plate!" While everything was extremely soft, hand-made, exceedingly useful and/or high-end, it's incredible how all of the nursery objects actually match the room's color scheme! From the adorable piggy bank to the crib blankets - it all matches. I hadn't meant to create a "girl's room" but a neutral room we could easily transition for a girl or boy just by adjusting the pink level of the room. I hadn't realized the whole palatte was a rainbow of baby colors! They just happened to be appropriate to our gender-neutral theme! =)

But wow, yeah, 95% of our baby's clothes are pink or have pink decoration. Haha! I don't think we'll have many people asking if she's a boy or a girl! ;)

I've got a lot of personal thank-yous to write. And a lot of trips to the shop to make - I do miss it, and really really need to make a better effort to get into town and up the hill more often!

No comments: