Thursday, May 13

Me?! Finally?! My Dream is Coming True!

We all have dreams, and all too often we give up on them. Oddly, my life has a habit of meeting "deadlines" for dreams that I assigned myself in childhood. I got married at 27 (well, not legally, but we were "married"), was engaged for two years and had my first kid at 32 (not for trying to have one earlier!) -- this along a timeline I dreamed about as a child and later gave up. And yet, it somehow sorta mostly happened.

Now, another of my dreams is coming true: I always wanted to be recorded for an album by, well, my next birthday. And what's happening? I'm now recorded regularly at church when I sing on Sundays, but even better: Just a few days before my next Birthday, I'll be singing backup for a friend at an actual music festival. I'm sure it will be recorded, I'll be shocked if it's not. Regardless, the same wonderful friend and musician would like me to sing backup potentially on one or more of the studio recordings he's making now. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?!?!

And so, yet again, fate meets childhood destiny. I'm lovin' it. And now... back to learning his song before rehersal tonight. =)

No comments: